Oz Lotteries is an Internet distributor of lottery tickets for Australian national lotto draws from NSW Lotteries, SA Lotteries and Tattersalls. If you’ve ever bought a ticket for Oz Lotto, Powerball, Tattslotto, The Pools and Monday and Wednesday and Saturday draws, Oz Lotteries provides a new way to play your desired jackpot draws by simply buying your tickets online over your computer or mobile device.
As an accredited sales agent of multiple Aussie lottery operators and owned by a trusted Australian technology company with government supervision to ensure fairness and safety, Oz Lotteries provides both a secure and more convenient way to play the biggest jackpot lotteries around the country without having to go to the local newsagents – buy your tickets straight from the comfort of home. It’s also free for Australians and international players – yes, players from overseas can partake in Australian-based lottery draws – to join the Oz Lotteries site and make an account.
OzLotteries.com members have several benefits. Along with the detailed statistics, winning draw results and guides, players can fast-track the purchase of their desired lotto games by ordering online in advance with automated purchases, with the site remembering your chosen lucky numbers so you don’t have to input them in all the time. The range of Super Combos found on the site are also unique to Oz Lotteries.
Oz Lotteries overview
Oz Lotteries is the online distributor of two well known lottery exporters, TMS Global Services Pty Ltd and TMS New South Wales. Both have been around for more than 20 years and have sold tickets to over 500,000 customers around the world through mail-order before reaching out to lotto players via the Internet with Oz Lotteries. They have an extensive history and player base, which ensures Oz Lotteries is a legitimate and safe place to buy lotto tickets from on the World Wide Web.
- Homepage: The Oz Lotteries homepage displays all the information a member or new sign-up needs to know, such as the upcoming lottery draws, latest results, dividends, news round-ups of the latest jackpot winners and the total amount of prize money won in the last month.
- Layout and interface: The Oz Lotteries site is fairly simple to navigate, with only a few separate sections (“Play”, “Lotto Results”, “About”, “Support” and “My Account”) so it’s uncomplicated and easy to get your tickets and results (and hopefully a huge win). An option to have the winning lotto results emailed to to your provided address is also available by clicking the email icon at the bottom of the home page. There is a future update and overhaul planned for Oz Lotteries “in the next few months”, so members and potential new sign-ups will hopefully see continued improvements.
- Lotto game draws: OzLotteries has partnerships with Australia’s leading lotto markets and is an approved online provider for the following lotteries (from Mon – Friday schedule):
- Monday Lotto
- Lotto Strike
- Tuesday Oz Lotto
- Wednesday Lotto
- Powerball (Thursdays)
- Saturday Lotto
- The Pools (Saturday)
- Lucky Lotteries Super Jackpot
- Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot
- Assistance: The assistance section of the site contains helpful links to dedicated pages guiding players on several aspects of the game. The lottery rules page delves into each lottery draw and their divisions, including the winning numbers required to win each division and the odds based on 1 game and 12 games, with PDF file downloads available so you can save this helpful information to your desktop or mobile device. There is also a lottery glossary page explaining all of the terms for newbies and even regular players to brush up on. For those who love the numbers, the statistics page allows you to view the frequency of winning numbers in graph form (you can choose by lottery and adjust dates), while the strategy page guides players on what systems and syndicates are.
- Syndicate kits: Looking to pool money together with co-workers or friends to increase your chances of winning that sweet life-changing jackpot? Oz Lotteries has a specific page with some handy downloadable syndicate planner kits (Adobe Acrobat required to view them) for your group to use.
- Social media and other features: Oz Lotteries also have a blog and several social media pages (Facebook and Twitter) linked on their site if players wish to get closer to their live updates. Additionally, they display various charity lotteries supporting numerous Australian organisations for members to buy tickets for, including Act for Kids and Surf Life Saving Lotteries.
How to sign up and play at Oz Lotteries
Signing up for an account at Oz Lotteries is free and is simple as clicking the ‘Join Now’ button or any of the ‘Play Now’ buttons for the lotto games displayed on the site. After filling out a form with basic information required (name, address, email, D.O.B. and country) you’re all set and ready to go to choose which lotteries you wish to partake and buy tickets for, depositing money with a variety of world-class safe deposit options.
You must be 18 years or older in Australia to legally play at Oz Lotteries, and if the legal gambling age is higher in your country (if joining up from outside Australia) you will need to abide by those rules. There is a ID verification form OzLotteries requires players to fill out and send back with valid identification and documentation attached before your account is allowed to deposit real money and play the lotteries provided.
After choosing which lotto to play, you will need to choose the type of tickets you wish to purchase. They are dependent on the type of lottery you prefer, and can include random, sequential, standard, system, super combo, and syndicate. You can buy your preferred type of ticket(s) for the latest draw or multiple draws, and set up an auto-play option where you will be automatically entered in to purchase tickets for the current draw of your desired lottery, customisable by jackpot figures, dates, and more variables.
You then need to choose your (lucky) numbers manually or via Oz Lotteries’ quickpick system or mini-game feature which determines them for you, with all of your ticket purchases being sent to your email or available to view in the ‘My Account’ area of the Oz Lotteries site. You can expect to get the results within 24 – 48 hours of the draw you entered, with any successful winning prizes displayed in your account balance within one day after the draw results are official. Any large prizes you may win, such as a Division 1 (we all hope for!) take a bit longer – around eight to 24 days after the official draw to process.
Deposit and withdrawal options at OzLotteries
Banking options at OzLotteries consist of world-class reputable services such as MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, BPay, direct deposit (via Internet banking) and cheque. Several of these are Australian only (PayPal and BPay) and players must ensure they use both services and process transactions via the OzLotteries site rather than by their own individual interfaces. Click the ‘Deposit Funds’ button in the ‘My Account’ section to process a deposit, and the ‘Withdrawal Funds’ button in the same section for withdrawals (international players must withdraw a minimum of $100 per withdrawal process).
PayPal users will rejoice the option is available given it’s fairly uncommon, but for PayPal deposits you must withdraw the same amount you have deposited via PayPal until you can use other withdrawal methods like bank transfers or cheque – this is for fraud protection reasons.
The minimum deposit amount you must transfer when using a credit card, direct deposit, cheque or the online PayPal service is $5, with the minimum deposit amount for BPay $10 (only relevant to Australians). Deposits should be made in $5 increments, according to the OzLotteries website.
128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) digital encryption technology is employed at OzLotteries, meaning state-of-the-art security is in-place (along with your chosen deposit option and bank’s own security systems) to protect your transactions and also your personal information from exploitation (and provide privacy).
Customer support and help guide
OzLotteries has an extensive help guide page which answers pretty much all basic questions new registrations will want to and need to know, and goes into detail into areas a lot of other competing lottery websites rarely other to do, which is a huge plus in our books. If you have a specific query not already answered on their help guide, you can contact them via their on-site email form or through several other ways, including:
- Postal Address: GPO Box 2937 Melbourne, VIC 3001 Australia
- Telephone hotline: 1300 188 911 (Australian residents), +61 2 8412 8151 (international phone number)
- Fax: 02 9906 3202 (Australian residents), +61 2 9906 3202 (international fax number)
History of OzLotteries
The OzLotteries website was launched in 2003 and since then over 1.72 million people have registered with the site, which constitutes 11% of the Australian lottery market. OzLotteries is part of the TMS lottery export group, which has been in operation for over 20 years and has serviced more than 500,000 clients in over 40 countries. The TMS group is a lottery export service that distributes lotto tickets via mail order and works as a direct lottery service partner for many South Pacific and Asian countries.
The OzLotteries website itself is owned by Jumbo Interactive Limited, a leading technology company in Australia that provides all kinds of retail lottery products and innovations, from websites to internet sales, digital marketing, subscriptions and customer rewards. Jumbo services lottery markets in Australia, Germany and the United States, providing online distribution channels to traditional offline lottery operators. Jumbo Interactive Limited is publicly listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
OzLotteries.com has received continual growth over the past five years despite fluctuation in the value of lottery jackpots on offer, a testament to the sites ability to attract a younger demographic and appeal to more players through the ease of online ticket purchasing.
OzLotteries is a recommended site for Australian and international players to buy lottery tickets from the comfort of home. It has an easy-to-use interface on both desktop computer and mobile (the site is fully compatible with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets) and detailed help, odds and strategy sections. All games and their results are displayed clearly on-site, with results promptly sent to our email when we checked after each draw we entered. One slightly downside is the site has yet to set up a loyalty and rewards program, but with the site upgrade coming soon, we suspect OzLotteries is in for a massive overhaul in the near future.